Teaching each other how to teach our students...
The purpose of the Learning and Teaching Center is to support a culture of self-directed and collaborative professional
development, assisting faculty and staff engagement in meaningful learning practices. The LTC is especially committed in
furthering the college's strategic initiatives of excellence in teaching and learning. The LTC is also dedicated to enhancing
a college climate that values diversity and global perspectives.
To achieve this, the LTC provides theoretical and practical learning support through programs,
workshops, individual consultation, and other professional development activities.
As a result of participating in LTC offerings, faculty and staff will be empowered to consistently:
- align course learning outcomes, learning activities, and learning assessment practices.
- use data and research to make informed strategic learning and teaching choices.
- engage in culturally responsive learning and teaching practices.
- create student-centered, active learning environments.
- help Highline students learn to be successful college students.
Community Reading Circles
Reading circles are organized around particular themes
that provide opportunities to develop an appreciation for good books and shared experiences.
Sign up or suggest a topic
Faculty Lending Library
Pedagogy books are availiable for all faculty in the
Lending Library located in Building 9, room 101. We
are always looking for new titles.
Browse current catalogue
The resource blog connects you with other faculty ideas and resources to assist you within the
Suggestions for the LTC
Do you have any ideas for the LTC Facebook page? Do you know of a professional development
opportunity that you would like to share?